www.SweetReagan.com

The sweetest of Reagan's world ... Life in the PINK!

Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Positive Enlightenment

I don’t usually read more than a few lines of these, but this one really hit home. This really is how I try to deal with my life as big issues arise, one after another sometimes bombarding and overwhelming me with more than I feel I can handle. After crying my eyes out of course, I often have to talk myself into stepping back, and say the words out loud, “I’ve been through worse things than this. Let it go and let God take care of it for me.” That’s not to say that I allow bad things to happen and snowball around me by avoiding them, but I force myself to symbolically release it into God’s hands so that he can guide me on the most positive way to handle the situation. Sometimes your mind can’t deal with the whole symbolic release part of it, you have to actually say the words out loud and your brain has to hear it in a clear confident voice for it to process. The confidence part is sometimes hard to deal with to. I’ve got to try to remember that God will never give me more than I can handle and that if I just ask, he’ll give me the strength and guidance to get through anything.

I didn't mean for this to be a bible lesson, I'm well aware that I have no room to preach to anyone. In the past few years, I've been on a search of sorts. I've made what I consider to be some extreme changes in my lifestyle, career, friendships, and spiritual associations. These changes have cost me dearly in love and friends, but I have no doubt they will lead me to the things I've wanted most in life. I'm not sure why I'm writing this entry except that I see several of my friends struggling with similar problems to what I've been going through lately. As hard as I try, I'm not sure if I'm conveying my advice clearly. Maybe this helps.

Sign my Guestmap & my Guestbook PLEASE!

1 Comments:

At Monday, June 26, 2006 2:20:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gotta' tell ya', Rea, that I really admire the sentiment and the attempt to change your life for the better. It's hard, sometimes, to make those changes because old friends don't always understand the change, but it's still worth doing.
Good luck, stick with it and feel free to call on me for any moral support I can provide.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home