www.SweetReagan.com

The sweetest of Reagan's world ... Life in the PINK!

Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Even when it's raining here, it's still gorgeous.

06.09.06 Costa Rica

The first morning, I woke early, picked up my new book, and made my way down to the main patio. The view was so breathtaking and overwhelming, I literally cried. I thought about the couple who had brought us all there to share in the moment when they would publicly dedicate the rest of their lives to each other. I thought about the friends I was sharing this experience with. And most sadly, I thought about the friends that weren’t there with me and wished very badly that they were.

I just got back from the most amazing experience I’ve ever had in my life, and it was so hard to leave it. You can bet your last dollar, I’ll be back there again very soon. I met a lot of people who helped to make the trip even more beautiful. Everyone keeps asking about stories and to describe the trip and I can’t. It’s just someplace you have to go and see for yourself. When you get there, be sure to sit in the black sand, close your eyes, listen as the waves crash against the shore and soak your feet. It will overwhelm you too if you let it.

06.10.06 Costa Rica

Just got this via email, and it seems fitting for how I’m feeling right now: “As we grow up, we learn that even the one person that wasn't supposed to ever let you down probably will. You will have your heart broken probably more than once and it's harder every time. You'll break hearts too, so remember how it felt when yours was broken. You'll fight with your best friend. You'll blame a new love for things an old one did. You'll cry because time is passing too fast, and you'll eventually lose someone you love. So take too many pictures, laugh too much, and love like you've never been hurt because every sixty seconds you spend upset is a minute of happiness you'll never get back. Don't be afraid that your life will end, be afraid that it will never begin.” ~Anonymous~

Sign my Guestmap & my Guestbook PLEASE!

5 Comments:

At Tuesday, June 13, 2006 2:59:00 PM, Blogger Fabio said...

That's beautiful. I do try to remember what it felt like when I had my heart broken (actually, I'm still not over it). It hurts the worst when that person was your best friend and you just feel betrayed.

On a brighter note..you look AMAZING in that reddish dress! I wish I knew you for real. HOT DANG! Oh, and the scenery is not all that bad either.

 
At Tuesday, June 13, 2006 3:15:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree- Costa Rica was gorgeous and fun- EVEN when it was raining. Have you ever danced in the rain? HELL YEAH WE DID! AND IN COSTA RICA, BABY! Memories like that last a lifetime! ;)

 
At Tuesday, June 13, 2006 4:49:00 PM, Blogger My Life N Motion said...

Ah yes, don't forget to dance in the rain. Good times I'll never forget, Shera!

 
At Wednesday, June 14, 2006 3:40:00 PM, Blogger danny said...

i think i'm going to DIE because I can't see the dang pictures!

i'm just glad your words are as vivid as a picture could ever be.

sounds like you had a mediocre time. too bad. ;-)

i won't lie, i'm glad you're back.

-danny

 
At Thursday, August 03, 2023 10:10:00 PM, Anonymous Avin Mark said...

this is useful

 

Post a Comment

<< Home