www.SweetReagan.com

The sweetest of Reagan's world ... Life in the PINK!

Thursday, April 13, 2006

It's good to know you are loved.

It's got to be the most intense feeling one can have, just the knowing that you are loved, I mean really loved by someone you know would do anything in the world for you and would never hurt you or make you cry. Why do we have such an insatiable need for that extraordinary connection? I know why I need it so badly. It has more to do with my childhood (or lack thereof), than any natural human-nature instinct. I've got a gajillion friends, most of them acquaintenances who like to call themselves my friends, but who I know from experience wouldn't be completely honest with me if I ever put them on the spot. But then there are the handful of them (I can probably count them on one hand) who I am very proud to call my true friends and I know they love me as much as they'd love one of their own family and as much as I love them. I can count on their loyalty and lean on them every time I torture myself through some sad attempt at a meaningful relationship and vice versa. These aren't superficial or casual friendships. They don't gossip about my troubles or use me for whatever personal gain I can bring to their lives. They love me even with all my faults, skeletons, and obsessions. They are the real deal and very dear to me. They are my rocks and keep me going everyday. I don't think I could make it through life without them.

"If I haven't told you recently how much your friendship means to me, I'm telling you now. I adore you. Thank you for everything. You're one of the most 'real' people I've met in a while and I will see you tonight. Muah." ... One of the best!

Sign my Guestmap & my Guestbook PLEASE!

2 Comments:

At Thursday, April 13, 2006 10:15:00 AM, Blogger Sass said...

Every word you just said. Love you.

 
At Thursday, April 13, 2006 10:31:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's a beautiful sentiment, Rea. And, yes, it is wonderful to be sure of that knowledge.

As for scary pasts... Well, based on who you seem to be now, you seem to be dealing with it just fine. What else matters? We are who we choose to be, not what happened to us in the past. So, well done.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home