www.SweetReagan.com

The sweetest of Reagan's world ... Life in the PINK!

Friday, April 07, 2006

The morning after ...

My head hurts a little, my stomach is queasy, and I had a really hard time getting up for work this morning. I have Sass to thank for that. She knows how to take my mind off of my frustrations and what to say to encourage me that I'm doing the right thing. I'm trying to remember exactly how many guys I passed my number on to and if I had my booze-goggles on during the exchange. No help from Sass, she can't remember either. I do, however, remember very clearly the weirdo foreign guy that I couldn't understand who insisted on kissing both my cheeks goodbye that I got stuck with while Sass "had to take a call". I'm looking forward to the opportunity when I get to repay her for the laugh we got from that one.

"You don't enjoy going out?"

"Not really. The only reason I made it out tonight is because I missed you."

"What excites you, other than your dog?"

"I like going out to dinner with friends, but I don't really get excited about anything. I'm just so tired of dealing with guys like that, I'm so over all of it."

I felt like such an anti-social looser after I said it. He was right, I am an insecure mess. But I don't think I have the energy to fix it. And why should I anyway, he's the reason I'm such a mess.

Sign my Guestmap & my Guestbook PLEASE!

7 Comments:

At Friday, April 07, 2006 11:51:00 AM, Blogger Sass said...

Oh Lady, your not a mess - he's a screw up for not recognizing a good thing when he has it and being able to be the person you know he is. There in iies the sadness of the situation.

We're all doing the best we can with the tools we have and based on our sushi conversation last night, your mind is in the right recovery place.

Big hug. Had a blast last night - and um, yeah, i don't remember them.

 
At Friday, April 07, 2006 12:33:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

youre gonna alright, reagen. you're gonna be just fine.

 
At Friday, April 07, 2006 12:52:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, Rea, you sound like heck on wheels when you post that kind of stuff. ;)

Relationships are like busses, another one will be along in an hour or so, but they're almost never on time.
Keep hanging out with the wild child and you'll be snapped up before you know it. And, if not, there's always the Bookstore Method. It didn't work for me, but, surely, such a good idea has to work for someone!

 
At Friday, April 07, 2006 2:15:00 PM, Blogger Pause said...

You know there are a lot of guys that are just as feed up with the game too. Unfortunetly we never seem to link with the right girls. Perhaps cause we are both sick of trying.

 
At Friday, April 07, 2006 6:43:00 PM, Blogger Earth Rooster said...

At least you and Sass are still trying. I have just given up on the whole bar, meeting someone, whatever fiasco.

 
At Wednesday, April 12, 2006 4:57:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay, I just saw that comment you left on Sass' site, Rea. Now, remember about the tattoos. Stear clear of anyone's name. It may seem like the right thing to do after a dozen tequilas, but you'll regret it in the morning. Trust your Uncle Jim on this one, okay?

Lordy, with the two of you on the prowl, I feel like we should send out a civic defense warning to tell everyone to lock up their sons! ;)

 
At Thursday, April 13, 2006 8:57:00 AM, Blogger Sass said...

If i haven't told you recently how much your friendship means to me, i'm telling you now. I adore you. Thank - you for everything. You're one of the most "real" people I've met in a while and I will see you tonight.

Muah.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home