www.SweetReagan.com

The sweetest of Reagan's world ... Life in the PINK!

Monday, March 13, 2006

Does anyone have a cure for my melancholy mood?

My weekend was crap. And now it looks like it's going to rain the entire week to make that crap as well. I hate it when I build an event or day up in my mind to be something so fun and exciting and then something completely out of my control happens to steer it in the complete opposite direction turning it into something so piss poor that it doesn't even deserve acknowledgment in the form of any discussion. I'm pretty much a home-body and by that I mean that I don't party much anymore. It's completely by choice. I'm about 5 years older than most of my girlfriends and about 10 years older than everyone thinks I am by looking at me (thank GOD), which makes it really hard to keep in touch with my girls since I'm not much of a partier anymore. Don't get me wrong, I used to party like a rock star with the best of them until the ass crack of dawn two days after the fact. I've just grown out of that whole club scene for many reasons. So when I do choose a night to go out, I expect enough out of it to make me remember why I'm too damned old for it anymore. There's always next weekend, I guess. Maybe I should just expect that to be crap too so that I won't be so disappointed if it turns out that way. Oh wait, I'm already a classic pessimist at heart.

The only remotely satisfying thing I did this weekend was spending 5 hours at the dog park basking in the sun with a new book and Titus curled up in my hair. Unconditional companionship is truly priceless.

Sign my Guestmap & my Guestbook PLEASE!

6 Comments:

At Monday, March 13, 2006 11:46:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What dog park do you go to? The only one I've been to is 45 minutes from my house! Bleh! Gotta' back you up on the unconditional love from the four-legged buddy, though. My Hilda is happy just being in the same room with me or leaned up against me most of the time. Some days, I really need that.

Older than you look? Okay, considering that I had you pegged at a *maximum* of 28, you still cannot be my age. Impossible. (Yes, I'm 37, creeping toward 38 later this year.) Though, I'll have a funny/sad story about feeling old this weekend on my blog later tonight...

 
At Monday, March 13, 2006 11:56:00 AM, Blogger My Life N Motion said...

ok, maybe i'm only 5 years older than i look. maybe that guy was just flirting with me when he said i looked like i was in my early 20's. thanks for killing that one for me ng... ;)

 
At Monday, March 13, 2006 1:10:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, I knew you couldn't be sixteen, but... And, remember, I've been blogstalking, er, following your blog, for a bit, so I have a better idea how old you *really* are. Besides, I am divorced, remember? There's never just one reason! ;)
And, if it makes you feel any better, people often mistake me for being in my mid to late fourties. Somedays? I totally feel that.
Either way, I'm sure you've never been kicked out of bed for eating crackers, you know? ;Þ

 
At Monday, March 13, 2006 11:41:00 PM, Blogger Sass said...

whatever. I was looking for you at Chrome on Saturday and Cody said in broken english, "Oh shhhhheeee's ovuh thare" what were you all drinking?

 
At Tuesday, March 14, 2006 8:54:00 AM, Blogger lfc said...

here, i'll make your day better. my car was broken into last night, with Jan & Wu's wedding gifts in the car. ahhhhhhhhhh!!!

 
At Tuesday, March 14, 2006 9:21:00 AM, Blogger My Life N Motion said...

Sass: I swear I wasn't there. I wanted really badly to be there instead of where I was doing what I was doing, but I wasn't. Ms. Coty must have been veeeeeery drunk.

Chevy (AKA LFC): Sorry to hear that. That really sucks, but I can still top you. A good friend (only 37 yrs old-that's about 5 years older than me) had a stroke this weekend.

Opens your eyes a bit. Trying to stop taking life so freakin seriously. Somebody, somewhere is laughing their ass of at us all.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home