www.SweetReagan.com

The sweetest of Reagan's world ... Life in the PINK!

Wednesday, December 14, 2005

NOTE TO SELF: Do not leave the office during a 40-day flood.

My quick bite with Lunch Friend turned into a 2 hour cluster fuck! I pull the car into park, grab my coat to drape over my head (I have no umbrella and I think the coat will actually cover more of my body than an umbrella would anyway), and anxiously step out into the monsoon. I immediately regretted that step and even stopped 4 times to seek shelter under overhangs and contemplated running back to my car to call and cancel even though I was already soaked. By the time I finally made it through the front door of the restaurant, the entire back of my shirt, one sleeve, and all of my pants were completely soaked and literally dripping where I stood.

After much bitching and a little eating, I left lunch friend to try to go back home to dry my clothes before I go back to the office. I can't very well go back to the office in completely soaked clothes. God forbid getting home should be easy in this weather. Almost every street I turned on was blocked by too many cars attempting to cross deep waters or the water was too deep for me to even attempt to cross. AAAAAAGGGGHHHHHH!!

I finally make it home, throw my clothes in the dryer, and go to the bathroom to re-straighten my hair. 30 minutes later, I'm driving back to the office. Why is it that when you are in a hurry, you catch every single red light in your path?

I should have known by that first phone call today, that the day was going to turn out this way. YUCK!

Now I've got to go fight traffic again to go to one of the other properties to host our Tenant Holiday Party. Chalk this entire day up as El Crapo!

Sign my Guestmap & my Guestbook PLEASE!

6 Comments:

At Wednesday, December 14, 2005 4:07:00 PM, Blogger Sass said...

And bring on the red wine.

 
At Wednesday, December 14, 2005 6:12:00 PM, Blogger Earth Rooster said...

I wish that we had rain. All we get is fog, thick fog.

 
At Sunday, December 18, 2005 4:16:00 PM, Blogger Earth Rooster said...

Since you aren't going to post something else, I will comment again.

We got driving rain, right now, with wind gusting to 27 mph. Lovely, just lovely.

 
At Tuesday, December 20, 2005 11:28:00 AM, Blogger Sass said...

I'm bored looking for something to read.

So i'm just going to take up space and write one long run on sentenance can you deal with that reagan oh crap i almost put a question mark there which would have really screwed this up i went to go see Rent this past weekend don't llisten to the reviews it was good at least i thought so anyways are you still reading this almost did another question mark hello am i the only one working today i mean hardly working where is everyone remember that 80's movie where everyone dies on the planet but two sisters and they go shopping in their best mall hair well me neither and i'll stop now because now i think i will go shopping.

 
At Tuesday, December 20, 2005 3:55:00 PM, Blogger Pause said...

Well at least don't go out on day one of the 40 day flood

 
At Thursday, December 22, 2005 6:26:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aw, I was hoping for a Project Runway update! I missed it last night because I was wrapping Christmas presents for my step-daughter and making arrangements to get them to her without her actually having to talk to me. (It's a long story.)

Oh, and Sass? That movie, it's called Night of the Comet and was all about that whole Haley's Comet once-in-a-lifetime marketing thing. Just FYI. So, yeah, sadly, I remember it. Two hours of my life I'll never get back.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home