www.SweetReagan.com

The sweetest of Reagan's world ... Life in the PINK!

Thursday, December 08, 2005

Addictions of a Reality TV junkie.

Oh, I know it's been killing you waiting for this post this morning. Yes LFC, I watched Project Runway last night. It was ... er ... uh ... interesting? I just have one question ... Are all male fashion designers gay?

Is Andrae' a fashion designer or a drama queen? What was up with his answer in that last segment. I don't think anyone understood what the Hell he was trying to say. Please Andrae', speak hetero just for two seconds please! I'm not sure if he was just stressed from the time-crunch or trying to destract the judges from the fact that his garment wasn't complete.

Chloe is cool, mostly because she's from Houston. Oh, plus she's talented. LFC says she's got a store here. I think I'll go check it out!

I actually like Daniel. I didn't watch last season so I don't know what his history is with the show. But I like his work. I love the tailoring and I think it's a very sophisticated look. You have to be a perfectionist to get it right, and I think he's got that down.

I'm a little worried about Diana, poor little geek. Her audition garment was badass (with the camera and the wireless heart-rate monitor). That was highly inventive and impressive. But the piece with the magnets didn't work. If it doesn't work on the runway, isn't it just sort of an embarrassment? I do look forward to seeing what she comes up with.

Heidi ... I didn't realize it was possible to be endearing and irritating at the same time. Pretty, pretty, pretty, pretty, pretty, pretty, pretty, pretty, pretty, pretty, pretty ... FUCK, SHUT UP!!!! The accent, southern charm, and positive attitude were fabulous. But then she got nervous and started talking way too fast and couldn't stop saying the word "pretty". I wanted to scratch my eardrums out!

I felt really bad for Kirsten. I totally would have rocked that outfit. I think they were pissed that she didn't follow their instructions. But quite frankly, I think I would have made the same decision she did about the scarf. That was just too personal. You don't destroy a family heirloom and the scarf wouldn't have done the garment piece justice if she would have used it anyway.

Marla's designs are a little too new-wave-futuristic for my taste. But I am looking forward to seeing more of her work.

I'm not sure Zulema has what it takes to compete with this group. As long as she doesn't screw up as badly as she did with that dress (no it's a shirt, no it's a dress, no it's a shirt), she'll probably make it to about the middle of the season. But I think her ego is bigger than her talent.

My top picks at this point are Santino, Nick, and Emmett (what are yours?). Granted I'm pretty simple and mainstream in my fashion sense, so what the Hell do I know anyway. All I know is I need a reality TV fix, so I guess this one will be it this season.

Sign my Guestmap & my Guestbook PLEASE!

15 Comments:

At Thursday, December 08, 2005 10:20:00 AM, Blogger Bryan Peters said...

I'm calling it right now: Santino or Chloe. They have 'it'. My gut for last year was the guy that eventually won it. And I'm right 98% of the time, so you can put money on this prediction.

 
At Thursday, December 08, 2005 10:57:00 AM, Blogger My Life N Motion said...

LMFAO! even better ... i can't stop laughing about the fact that Sarah talked you into watching it so intently that you're actually placing bets on the winner. but then I suppose if you're married to a fashion goddess, you must be drawn to the subject matter or have it hammered into your brain whether you like it or not. ;)

 
At Thursday, December 08, 2005 11:28:00 AM, Blogger Sass said...

Man, I missed being able to dish all the good gossip.

 
At Thursday, December 08, 2005 11:52:00 AM, Blogger My Life N Motion said...

Sass, I'd be willing to bet money Sarah DVR'ed it. She almost peed her pants yesterday she was so excited about the premiere.

 
At Thursday, December 08, 2005 12:11:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I watched it the first time around, mainly for Heidi Klum, and, I think I can say with relative certainty that, no, they're all gay. Not a straight man in the industry.

I hate to admit how much I like reality TV. I especially liked "Breaking Bonaduce" this past season. There was something very engaging about it. Like watching a car crash.

 
At Thursday, December 08, 2005 12:22:00 PM, Blogger My Life N Motion said...

"Like watching a car crash." ... Perfect analogy!!!

 
At Thursday, December 08, 2005 1:43:00 PM, Blogger Kent said...

Have you ever seen that animated show 'Family Guy'? The most recent episode was a spoof on reality tv where one of the characters on the show is a talking dog who becomes a contestant on 'The Bachelorette' and wins!

Funny stuff.

 
At Thursday, December 08, 2005 2:31:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, in fact, a friend of mine has Brian, the dog, as my personal ringtone on his cell phone. As I recall, it's Brian saying "Hey, who's leg do you have to hump to get a drink around here?" He seems to think that's the sort of thing I might say.

Come to think of it, I have said that before. Damn.

 
At Thursday, December 08, 2005 2:54:00 PM, Blogger My Life N Motion said...

i don't see your email addy anywhere. email me your questions ... sweetreagan@yahoo.com

 
At Thursday, December 08, 2005 3:21:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Although I didn't watch the show and probably won't, Chloe Rocks! Before moving up to NYC I bought Jeanne a couple different pieces from her Lot 8 store in Rice Village. Sexy stuff.
Curtisimo

 
At Thursday, December 08, 2005 9:00:00 PM, Blogger Earth Rooster said...

I don't watch reality tv any longer. Wish that I had something to say on the subject.

 
At Thursday, December 08, 2005 9:05:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just saw the rerun. Oh, wow, Andrae' is the queeniest I have ever seen! Even on the fashion shows. Sheesh! Talk about a car wreck.
Too bad about the grilling Kristen got and the way she answered. And, yes, I do believe you would have rocked that outfit. At least, based on the pictures.

I love watching them work on this show. Costumes have always fascinated me and I'd love to have a real, bankable, physical skill like sewing and design. Most of my work can get deleted with the stroke of a key!

 
At Thursday, December 08, 2005 10:39:00 PM, Blogger Ben O. said...

Never seen a second of it. Nice post about it though.

Ben O.

 
At Friday, December 09, 2005 6:08:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay, this is so going to make me look like a blogstalker, but I had to share this.

I'm reading through my usual list of blogs and I find that one of the guys I read is an old friend of Andrae'! Small world, or what?
http://genxcel.blogspot.com/2005/12/email-me-andrae-gonzalo.html

Freaky, but I had to share that bit of synchronicity.

 
At Friday, December 09, 2005 8:20:00 AM, Blogger My Life N Motion said...

Actually, that's how I became hooked on reality tv. I've had several people I know really well appear on several different ones. I'll have to do a post about it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home