www.SweetReagan.com

The sweetest of Reagan's world ... Life in the PINK!

Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Bah-Hum-Bug!

I'm such a scrooge. I really loathe the holidays. The only things I like about them are the days off work, the food, and seeing my friends and family more. I'm on a strict diet and workout routine so I can't even enjoy the food without feeling the guilt in the gym the following day. To make matters worse I'm dealing with a lot of adjustments and losses in my personal life right now. Let's recap on what I'm looking at over the next few weeks:

-4 holiday mandatory work parties with no date on my arm.
-A minimum of 5 holiday social parties (with no date on my arm) that I'm 99% positive I'll be able to get out of with my I-have-to-work excuse (it's true, I promise).
-A minimum of 5 holiday social parties (with no date on my arm) that I can't get out of.
-Fighting Galleria mall traffic at least 5 times to buy party dresses and Christmas gifts.
-Driving at least 4 hours total for the trip home for Christmas dinner.
-Working out at least 30 hours over the next 3 weeks to counter all the food I'm going to consume.
-Working through New Year's Eve since I no longer have plans or even a date to kiss this year.

I'm sure there's more that I'm just not considering because I'm trying really hard to see "the bright side" of it all (really, I am). Would someone please take me to see the Nutcracker so I can try to find some holiday spirit? I promise I've been a good girl this year, Santa!

Sign my Guestmap & my Guestbook PLEASE!

8 Comments:

At Wednesday, December 07, 2005 9:35:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm pretty much in your same boat sweetheart. Let's go to the Nutcracker!

 
At Wednesday, December 07, 2005 9:43:00 AM, Blogger lfc said...

whoa cheer up you scrooges! ;)
think about the GOOD side of being single over the holidays...
- you won't drain your bank account trying to buy the right flat-screen tv or center speaker or some other retarded electronic device that your guy wants (after a few years, cologne doesn't cut it anymore.)
- you won't have to worry about sticking with the same guy all night... especially when some hottie mchottie walks into YOUR party
- you're free to kiss whomever you want at midnight on new year's... boy OR girl ;)
- you won't have to smile and pretend you like the sweater that your boyfriend's grandma knitted for you
- single=free drinks

see? can't be so bad... :)

 
At Wednesday, December 07, 2005 9:51:00 AM, Blogger My Life N Motion said...

HA ... very good points indeed Sarah!

I was really just looking for an excuse to go see the Nutcracker though.

 
At Wednesday, December 07, 2005 10:53:00 AM, Blogger Sass said...

WHat sarah said times ten. The parties are opportunities to meet more men. But I don't know about the free drinks thing.. .

I hear ya on the workout thing. My gym asked for extra money up front.

My problem is I am accompanying 4 buddies to their holiday parties. Always the bridesmaid never the bride.

Dana, I am trying not to interpret your Nutcracker comment incorrectly but I did laugh when i read it.

 
At Wednesday, December 07, 2005 1:22:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sarah, I spit water when I read your comment!
Reagan, darlin', if you can't find a date by batting your big eyes at some unsuspecting young man, then it's a sign of the End Times. Ditto, Sass. And, I'm sure the same is true for the rest of you ladies, even though I haven't seen pictures of you. Zombie, well, you're on your own, buddy! As for me, I'll be spending my New Year's Eve with the most faithful bitch I've ever known, my dog, Hilda.

 
At Wednesday, December 07, 2005 6:38:00 PM, Blogger Kent said...

And I will be spending time with my the only faithful bitch I know--my 13 year old black Lab, Pepper.

Love your blog, R. Sorry you've had all the recent heartache.

 
At Wednesday, December 07, 2005 6:46:00 PM, Blogger Earth Rooster said...

I am just a Scrooge during this time of year, as well. Although for different reasons.

Doing all of these thigs that you mentioned while single, sucks. I have been single more often during the holidays, than not. Don't fret, I am sure that you will meet somebody.

 
At Wednesday, December 07, 2005 6:49:00 PM, Blogger Earth Rooster said...

Oh, and I linked you today.

ER

 

Post a Comment

<< Home