www.SweetReagan.com

The sweetest of Reagan's world ... Life in the PINK!

Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Worried Mommy

Boyfriend wakes me up last night at about 12:30 (when he arrives home from the Astros game ... very irritated about that, but that's another story) with my spass-o puppy and puts him in the bed with us, even though I've forbid him from doing that until we break his excited accidents.

"What are you doing?"

"I'm worried about Enzo!"

"Why?"

He keeps making this loud hacking noise. I've given him water but it's not helping."

"He's fine. Bring him back downstairs and go to bed."

So when I got up this morning I went down to check on him. Sure enough, he was doing the loud hacking thing, and he was gagging like he was trying to throw something up. Which leads me to believe he swallowed something he shouldn't have and he's trying to get it back out. So he hung out with me in the bathroom this morning while I got ready for work so I could watch him. And now I'm worried to. I brought him to the vet this morning to see if he needs x-rays or something to figure out what he swallowed. I know he's a puppy and that would be totally normal, but it doesn't ease the stress. So I'm waiting since his doctor doesn't even get in until 9:15.

I'm signing up for pet insurance this morning!

Sign my Guestmap & my Guestbook PLEASE!

6 Comments:

At Tuesday, October 18, 2005 10:06:00 AM, Blogger Sass said...

Yeah - I can't even imagine what it's like to have kids. Best of luck Enzo.

And what's up with the Astro's? It's like dating a man who can't get it up.

 
At Tuesday, October 18, 2005 11:12:00 AM, Blogger My Life N Motion said...

Update: Of course, he won't do the hacking thing at the vet's office. So she offered to give him an $86 x-ray anyway. I passed on it, since she doesn't think there seems to be anything irritating him now. He's breathing normally and she can't hear anything in this throat. So he's getting his ears cleaned and getting fed soft canned food to make sure it stays down ok (which I have no doubt it will, that puppy eats every meal like it's his last one). She says to watch him tonight and if he continues to do the hacking thing tonight, we can bring him in for x-rays in the morning. I'm sure it was something small that just wouldn't go all the way down his throat.

 
At Tuesday, October 18, 2005 1:14:00 PM, Blogger My Life N Motion said...

$100 later, he has an ear infection and NOTHING IN HIS THROAT!!! I'm in the wrong business.

 
At Wednesday, October 19, 2005 10:35:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

but at least hes okay?

 
At Wednesday, October 19, 2005 10:44:00 AM, Blogger My Life N Motion said...

yes, thank goodness. and now he has medical insurance, in case this ever happens again.

 
At Wednesday, October 26, 2005 10:26:00 PM, Blogger jules said...

Hi! I just tried to sign your guestbook but couldn't get there for some reason, so I'm commenting! Here via .. 2 blogs back. Glad the dog's ok!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home