www.SweetReagan.com

The sweetest of Reagan's world ... Life in the PINK!

Friday, September 23, 2005

Margaritas are the only good Ritas.

Well, it's 2 PM and it looks like Rita is going to make landfall more to our east. It's also been downgraded to a category 3 and they are expecting the winds not to exceed 80 mph. The wind has picked up here slightly in the past couple of hours. The weather is actually tollerable at the moment. We've done a walk around the neighborhood and taken pictures of everything to post along with after pictures next week. A friend of boyfriend's is staying here with us. But we really don't think it's going to get very bad here afterall. I feel really bad for the millions of people who left yesterday and the day before and spent hours and hours in traffic. I've heard reports of people spending 15 hours in their cars and only traveling 27 miles, people's pets died of heat exhaustion in their cars, and a bus full of senior living residents from Bellaire did not survive when the bus pulled over for mechanical problems and blew up in flames.

The storm hasn't hit us yet, but I'm already counting my blessings. Now I'm more worried about my own family in southwest Louisiana. Prayers to everyone.

Sign my Guestmap & my Guestbook PLEASE!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home