www.SweetReagan.com

The sweetest of Reagan's world ... Life in the PINK!

Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Are you running or hiding?

This may be the last time I get to post before the storm. My office will be closed tomorrow and Friday. And for the next couple of days, I'll be getting my house ready for the storm. There's really not much I can do, since boyfriend has so stubbornly refused to purchase any plywood, bottled water, battery operated radio, canned foods, or batteries. And now most of the city is sold out of all these items. So I guess the best we can do is move everything indoors, and move some valueables to the 2nd floor and towards the middle of the house. I live right across the street from downtown, but also less than 1 mile from Buffalo Bayou, which is notorious for flooding with more than 1 1/2 days of consistant light rain. So my only concerns with regard to our home are flooding of the 1st floor and broken windows, neither of which I can do anything about. I'd personally prefer to stay in our house knowing that any anxiety I'd feel would be from not knowing what's happened to my house. But I have a feeling we'll be hiding at boyfriend's parents' house north of Houston just to be safe. Plus if we don't, boyfriend's parents will be checking on us every 5 seconds, so we might as well go hang out with them to ease their anxiety a tiny bit.

Sooooo, everyone please be careful and stay safe. I'll be photographically documenting EVERYTHING so hopefully we'll all meet back here as usual next week!

Sign my Guestmap & my GuestbookPLEASE!

2 Comments:

At Thursday, September 22, 2005 3:08:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

good luck.

 
At Thursday, September 22, 2005 8:28:00 PM, Blogger Sass said...

I'm hiding - was hanging at the pool all day. If you are still in town the Daily Grind is open on Washington

Be safe

 

Post a Comment

<< Home