www.SweetReagan.com

The sweetest of Reagan's world ... Life in the PINK!

Thursday, August 25, 2005

Note to big corporations: Stop sending my help calls to foreign countries!

Something funny I recieved over email last week and just opened with surprising delight! It's as therapeutic as the real thing! Try the manic mode.

Link




One of my biggest pet peeves:

My wireless network card on my laptop isn't connecting to the access point in the office in our house. Simply put, I can't connect to the internet on my laptop right now. Very baaaad! I've been trying to get tech support to help me out the past couple of days. I've had to call in twice now to try and get the issue resolved. Hopefully, I'll be connected again tonight. I'm having withdrawal symptoms from mybiggest addictions: Not just the internet, but the internet at all times!

Anywho, the pet peeve that I have about this is that everytime I call in to any tech support or a help line of any kind, I get some technician that only speaks English as a 3rd or 4th language. Please don't misunderstand, I am not prejudice in any way, shape, or form. When I call in to any help line, it means I have no idea what I'm doing. So that makes the issue complicated enough to drive me insane. Throw on top of that, I can't understand the person who is trying to save my life with even more complicated instructions, And THAT PERSON CAN BARELY UNDERSTAND ME EITHER! The call always ends up lasting at least an hour longer than it should. And I always hang up the phone with a pounding headache from yelling my responses in hopes that this person will understand me more clearly (a feable effort).

Now, I'm not blaming the person on the other end of the phone by any means. I'm blaming the big corporations with their already bulging pockets who are trying to sqeeze out even more savings by connecting their stressed-out-helpless-ignorant-customers to someone in another country because it's cheaper than connecting me to someone who speaks English as a first language! I think, if you have to call a help line, you should be able to speak to someone that can understand you and who, most importantly, you can understand. Especially since you are taking instructions from them. So if the customer is from China, he should be able to speak to someone who speaks Chinese as a first language. In my mind, this is a given. But hey, as of last night in trying to deal with this, I've now been driven completely insane!

2 Comments:

At Friday, August 26, 2005 8:49:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

speaking of which...ive got a new exchange student named kornkrid tiamchaiboontawee. i call him tay tay.

 
At Friday, August 26, 2005 10:35:00 AM, Blogger My Life N Motion said...

sounds like fun. teach him to speak English without an accent!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home