www.SweetReagan.com

The sweetest of Reagan's world ... Life in the PINK!

Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Sorry for not posting, it's a busy week!

Well there's lots of things going on in my life right now, albeit pretty mundane events, but busy nonetheless.

My family in Louisiana is still trying to recover from Hurricane Rita. So I'm going home a lot more often to help with the clean up. It really is devastating to see the town I grew up in and the people I grew up with in this state and struggling so much. Last Friday was the first time I went home to see it all for myself. It was truly heart wrenching. When I finally pulled into my parents' driveway, I broke down for a moment. My heart literally ached. It was so sad. But I have a lot to be thankful for. My family is fine and their home is miraculously fine. They're struggling a little financially since my Dad isn't working yet because the city is offline, but otherwise they will recover soon. There are many other families there that weren't so lucky, including my grandmother who is now living with my Dad and my sister-in-law's family.



Speaking of, my brother was recently discharged from the Marines. Obviously they can't go back to Louisiana. But that's ok. I had called them a few weeks ago, way before Hurricane Rita hit, to invite them to come live with boyfriend and I. They happily accepted. So they will be here sometime today! I'm so excited and I think they are too. My brother came here to live with me about 6 years ago to finish his final year in high school and absolutely loved being here as opposed to "Small Town", Louisiana. When I invited them, they were more than trilled and more relieved than anything. I think they realized that there are too few opportunities in Louisiana for a young couple to be successful. Needless to say, I'll be making Gumbo for their homecoming dinner tonight! YUM!



Aside from having my family with me, they have a puppy Dachshund the same age as Enzo. So now he will finally have a little playmate. I'm expecting even more fun from that. Enzo really is a spas-case and a ball of energy. I'm hoping he'll be able to release a little more of that energy now that he's going to have a friend to play with all day.



And finally, I'll be attending an awards luncheon downtown this week for my company. Before I started working here, The Houston Business Journal sponsored a city-wide contest to find the top 10 best places to work in Houston. And my company has been selected to be in that top 10. We find out at the awards ceremony which place we came in. So, this is just further proof that I made the right decision in coming here.

Sign my Guestmap & my Guestbook PLEASE!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home