www.SweetReagan.com

The sweetest of Reagan's world ... Life in the PINK!

Monday, September 26, 2005

The calm after the storm.

Well now that Rita has left the state, I think I'm the only person in the whole city who was dumb enough to come to work. There was almost no traffic on the freeways. Half the city evacuated and now they all have to return. The mayor has split the city into 4 quadrins and is asking Houstonians to return on different days to avoid the chaos that was the evacuation. He is also asking all non-essential businesses to excuse their employees from work until Wednesday. Schools are also closed until Wednesday.

I would post pics but there really isn't anything to post. Nothing happened here. There were winds around 45 mph. I saw some minor damage around town (a few broken windows), and there was a fire in Galveston, but that's really it.

Port Arthur, Cameron and Lake Charles got the brunt of the storm. My parents called me yesterday around 10 AM to tell me they were headed home to assess the damages. They promised they would call as soon as they could since they didn't even know if they have a house yet or not. And to my dismay, I haven't heard from them and haven't been able to reach them when I call. So now, it's a waiting game.

To make matters worse, my cable was out last night for some weird reason. 2 days after the storm passes and my cable goes out. SO I MISSED DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES!!! WTF!!! So, if anyone knows what happened, please update me.

Sign my Guestmap & my Guestbook PLEASE!