www.SweetReagan.com

The sweetest of Reagan's world ... Life in the PINK!

Friday, January 21, 2005

Eminem's ass wuz here!

Ha! Remember when you were in high school and you signed the bathroom walls, desks and yearbooks with "(Your Name) wuz here (date)". That's what this story reminds me of. According to Hip Hop Game, Obie Trice placed a listing on eBay for an old, ratty, outdated sectional sofa for 2 days. For whatever reason (maybe he's smokin' crack and needed some quick cash to buy some more), he thought someone would buy this crap for $2,500 just because it used to belong to Eminem. Even though the listing has been viewed more than 30,000 times, there were no bids on it and it did not sell. The story is that he got the sofa from Eminem as a gift when he moved into his first apartment. I wonder what Mr. Mathers thinks of this minor exploitation. Oh wait, I'm sure we'll hear about in his next rap release.

I can't resist this next one. Star reports that Paris Hilton is under investigation for stealing her own sex tape! Finally, the embarrassment is getting to her. Paris and a group of her pals went into a newsstand to buy celebrity magazines. As she was checking out at the counter, she saw a display for 1 Night in Paris, the movie that was sold by her ex without her permission. At that point she lost it, started ripping the display down, grabbed a copy of the movie, tipped the cashier $0.80 refusing to pay for it, and took off in rage.

Now, before I move on to American Idol talk, let's put Simon Cowell's brutal perspective up for analysis. He thinks that Beyonce is overrated and can't sing. In the same sentence, he defends Ashlee Simpson for lip-synching and says that she's been judged unfairly. Hmmmm. I hope this story is not true, because I was actually starting to like Simon. On the one hand, I don't recall ever reading a bad review of one of Beyonce's shows (before you prove me wrong, I'm sure there are some out there). On the other hand, the last 3 times Ashlee has performed live, she has totally bombed! Don't get me wrong, I love her CD and music, but I'm really starting to doubt that it's actually her voice on the recordings. Do we have another Millie Vanilli on our hands? She can't sing her own songs in public?! I've even caught a few episodes of The Ashlee Simpson Show, and seen her try to rehearse and she still screws it up. While the country is in an uproar to ban her from anymore public performances, I sort of feel bad for her. The poor girl is self-destructing before our eyes! And I have no doubt she will crack under the pressure soon.

Now, hopefully you were not as pathetic as I was to waste 2 hours on 2 consecutive evenings this week to watch American Idol. God, I wish I could get those 2 hours back! Some of these people are completely freakin tone-deaf. This one was a little on the psychotic side. If I were Simon, I'd hire a bodyguard. Am I the only person who thinks that you should know the words to the song you are using in your audition? Yes the judges are harsh and even rude sometimes, but look at what they have to listen to all day. I'm sitting there watching it with my bottom lip on the floor in amazement. I too would have an extremely hard time not laughing my ass off at some of these people. Of course your friends and family are going to tell you that you sing great even if you don't. That's what they are supposed to do. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, save yourself the expense of future therapy session with your psychiatrist and the embarrassment. Go out and find yourself a professional voice coach that will tell you the God's honest truth. Poor, poor souls. Will they ever learn?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home