www.SweetReagan.com

The sweetest of Reagan's world ... Life in the PINK!

Wednesday, January 05, 2005

First entry of 2005.

Well, New Year's Eve kicked major ass this year! I had a freakin blast. There are parts of it that I can't recall at the moment, but that's only proof that my first statement is correct. There will be pictures posted soon. We attempted to combine two groups of friends at the hotel party we attended. When that party started to fizzle we headed over to an after-party at the infamous Club Kyle's Playboy Mansion to meet up with yet another group of debaucherous friends and acquaintances. That was an absolute blast as well.

If any of you keep up with the Houston bar scene, check out LittleFluffyCloud's newest endeavor. She's writing a column for Envy now. She's quite the blogger and is definitely good for at least a couple of chuckles a week. Her column is no different. It's titled "Who's That Lady?" Check it out! She's a hot, sassy, funny, intelligent, stylish woman who has it all, loves Paris Hilton, party-planning, body glitter, the color pink, and shopping. You will definitely relate to her.

I also wanted to touch on one really lame topic for just a second. I watched "Who's Your Daddy?" the other night. First of all, thank God they aired it all in one night. I was balling the entire time (don't tell boyfriend, because he asked me a few times if I was crying and I lied and said "No"). I don't think I could have taken more than one night of that. Everyone is all pissed about this show because the whole adoption process and the task of tracking birth families down were "exploited". People are also bitching about the woman that was cast as the adopted child searching for her father, saying she must have been a fake because she wasn't emotional enough. Did we watch the same show? She was almost always crying. In fact, every time the camera went to her face and I saw the hurt, anxiety, and excitement on her face, that's what made me start crying! Also, there's the prize money, $100,000. Now come on people. I have no doubt in my mind that this woman and her birth father would have done this show without the money. There has to be some incentive for the actors (the other 7 men who are trying to trick her so she doesn't make the correct picks, and in turn decreases the amount of money that FOX has to pay out to her) to put on a good show. Don't forget, these people have been looking for each other almost their whole lives. We've all heard the horror stories of how difficult it is for birth families to reunite. Unless some talk show or network with major corporate dollars gets involved, it almost never happens. I'm sure the $100,000 was nice, but the least of what these people were after when they got involved with this show. This woman found her father, mother, and stepsisters. There's no monetary value for that. But hey, FOX got you all so pissed about it you're talking about it for days. HM, sounds like their tactics worked to me. Or maybe I'm just naive, who knows. Anyway, it wasn't what I expected it to be and I'm glad I took the time to watch it before I started bitching about it. ;)

Time to hit the gym!

2 Comments:

At Thursday, January 06, 2005 10:50:00 AM, Blogger lfc said...

awww, thanks for the support! of course, i'm not sure how many people can relate to body glitter and a paris hilton-obsession, but we'll see!

have a fab 2005 rea!

 
At Sunday, January 09, 2005 3:27:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey girl, Chaos247 here. I am with you 100% on the Who's Your Daddy show. The people I have argued with about it hadn't even seen it, only assumed it was a situation of a dead beat Dad and not the beautiful adoption story it turned out to be.
I confess. I bawled the entire time and at the end I had to walk out of the room for fear of dehydrating from my tears.~Kay

 

Post a Comment

<< Home