www.SweetReagan.com

The sweetest of Reagan's world ... Life in the PINK!

Friday, January 28, 2005

Can you dig it?!

First, I'd like to start with a story I heard about on my favorite radio show this morning. Sam was talking about the story about Nicole Kidman in Australia. Kidman has won a restraining order against 2 Aussie photographers who have chased her down in a Princess Diana-like high-speed car chase. A listening device was also discovered outside the window of her home! Sam's view on the subject is, "You live by the sword, you die by the sword." In other words, if these celebs are willing to be photographed on the red carpet to promote their movies then they should expect to be photographed by paparazzi in their private lives. He also said that since the celebs have so much money, they should buy a couple of inexpensive cars, double tint the windows, and use them as decoys when they want to leave their homes. Another option he proposed is that Kidman simply pose for the photos even when she's with her children shopping for groceries. The idea being that if there are so many photos of them out there, there won't be so much demand. He also suggested that Kidman wear a bag over her head on the red carpet of her next movie premiere, make a statement that the photographers should be ashamed of themselves, and refuse to pose for PR photos.

AAAGGGGRRRRHHHH!!!!

Are you serious?! I'm sorry, but as much as I love this show and Sam as a radio personality, I have to completely disagree! While some of these solutions would make for good TV and a lot more gossip about Kidman, I think that is exactly what she is trying to avoid. I have no doubt she does not want to be another Britney Spears. Kidman has way too much class for tabloid nonsense. Let me start by saying, the red carpet is PR and in that "work". Of course they should pose for photos there, unless they want to experience financial ruin. Also, suppose Kidman took Sam's advice and showed up with a paper bag on her head and flipped off every photographer there. Let's be honest, tomorrow everyone would bad-mouth her for being a bitch, her movie would flop out of shear disgust for such a negative attitude, she'd never be hired to do another movie because the producers would be worried about the stigma now attached to her, and we'd be watching an E True Hollywood Story on her in 5 years called, "The Self-Destruction Of The Kidman Empire-What Went Wrong?" As far as the suggestion of the decoy cars, why should anyone have to go to that extreme to spend some quality
private time with their family or do simple daily chores in public? These people do have lives and families and should have every right to keep them private no matter what their celebrity status. The red carpet is PR, home is private. It's that simple. Did we not learn anything from Princess Diana's death?! There has to be a line and some sense of respect. If not, there will be a repeat! A snapshot here and there is ok, but I don't understand why these paparazzi harass and hound these people beyond toleration. It's really sad.

A caller even went so far as to blame the fans for buying the tabloids saying that they promote such behavior by the paparazzi. For one, I don't buy that crap! And finally, I would be perfectly happy with only seeing photos and stories that were done with the permission of celebrities if it meant this kind of behavior was not condoned. Sorry, maybe that's just me. I do not and will never promote stalking of any kind, much less the sleaze of paparazzi! It's wrong, no matter who the stalkee is. There's no double-edged sword here.

Before I end this subject, I just want to say that my intention here was not to discredit Sam Malone or 104. I just couldn't get through on the phone when they were talking about it. I still love the morning show and all the DJ's at 104. And it's still the only station I listen to!

Ok, enough about that ...

The Bachelorette, I haven't had a chance to watch it yet. Monday night, I had a date with several pounds of small crawfish and several bowls of red beans and rice, YUMMY (sorry, I'm from Louisiana, it's in my DNA). So, it was DVR'd and I'll get to it this weekend.

American Idol, I almost wasn't going to talk about this simply because I've already written about it. Apparently the tone-deafness is all across the country, and I'm not the only one who thinks so. However, I heard this hilarious story last night about one of the contestants from the auditions in New Orleans, Leroy Wells. Hopefully, you saw his ridiculous rendition of "Got Your Money" (ridiculous is putting it mildly), "Can you dig it?!" Well, Leroy didn't even get to watch his audition with the rest of America because he was IN JAIL! Wow, who would have seen that coming (major sarcasm)? I literally had to concentrate to understand what the HELL this guy was saying throughout the whole audition. As Simon said, he desperately needed subtitles. My premonition for this guy is that some idiotic rap artist (I'm using the term "artist" very loosely) like Lil' Jon will sign him in the near future. "You've got to have a rap sheet, before you can cut a rap" ~Anonymous. He'll be the rap version of William Hung (who by the way, died in Las Vegas yesterday from an intentional heroin overdose, bet you didn't see that one coming!).

And on that note, have a great weekend!

1 Comments:

At Sunday, February 06, 2005 7:14:00 AM, Blogger Zombie_Flyboy said...

I've only been hooked on the bachelor/bachelorette when I happened to be around or dating someone who likes it.

Survivor is the reality show that owns me.

One day I'll be on it.

And I will win because I'm an evil supergenius with a heart of gold.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home