www.SweetReagan.com

The sweetest of Reagan's world ... Life in the PINK!

Thursday, October 21, 2004

GIT-R-DONE!

Ok. First off, I know the Astros lost last night, but that was a damn good game! But, hey, no worries because the Astros are going to git-r-done tonight baby! I don't recall a time when I was ever this stressed or excited about a sports team. I don't consider myself to be a fair-weather fan either. Boyfriend's parents have season tickets, so anytime they offer up their seats, we're all over it. The same goes for the Texans, just for the record. We tailgate as often as possible. Anyway, in my mad 15-minute race to work this morning, I was listening to 104, the morning show I always listen to. They've offered up another challenge for Houston's Astros fans. Go to the ESPN website and vote for the Astros all the way down. Let's see if we can psyche them out. MUUUAAAAHHHH (<---insert evil grin).

Secondly, sorry about the quote by Larry the Cable Guy. I know it sounds so hick-ish, which I'm totally not. But if you've ever been in a Houston sports bar surrounded by overly-intoxicated men with testosterone seeping from every opening in their bodies, "Git-R-Done" is the only descriptive phrase that will come to mind for the situation. Trust me. By the way, I am a fan of Larry's and all the Blue Collar comedians. I don't know why I like them so much. Maybe because I grew up in southwest Louisiana, which is full of hicks. These guys unfortunately remind of people I am related to. I don't claim to be a hick myself because I got the hell out of that town the second I was old enough to leave home, and thankfully, also got rid of the accent.

And lastly, I finally got some sleep last night. I don't know if it was because I vented about my stress yesterday or if it was the Tylenol PM that almost never works anymore because I've built up a tolerance to it. Either way, I feel a lot better today. That could just be my excitement about the Astros too. Who knows? I'm not even livid about our coffee service being a week late, or the fact that I haven't had a cup of coffee in 4 days.

Let's go Astros!

Oh, I almost forgot ... If you know anyone in Houston who would be interested in adopting a dog that my neighbors have temporarily adopted, please email me. His pictures are HERE. Thanks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home