www.SweetReagan.com

The sweetest of Reagan's world ... Life in the PINK!

Monday, October 18, 2004

Ugh, I hate Mondays.

Ok, ok. I'm going to start posting here more. And not just about funny things I find on the internet. More about things that are really going on in my life, and things that piss me off or make me happy. Now, I warn you, it may not be very exciting. I've made a great deal of changes in the past year to eliminate as many drama-generators as possible. So, I can't promise much. Oh and also, my younger middle brother got all the creativity in the family. So don't expect much in that department either. I was the oldest sibling. My job was, and still is, to nurture the family and remember birthdays. I realized and accepted this task at a very early age. However, I always looked at the creative younger brother with a little envy, wishing I could paint, write music, or even just write a simple story that would compel readers wanting more. No such luck. I guess it's true, we always want what's on the other side of the fence. Anyway, I know I don't write well, but I'll try harder. Practice makes perfect, right?

I read a lot of blogs. I have this great job that gives me a lot of free time during the day to work on Reagan's Closet, take internet courses, or do whatever I can to pass the time. Don't mistake, there are times when I'm really busy, but for the most part, I've got it easy. A few weeks ago, I came across this blog, Plain Jane. I think she's a really funny, spunky lady and her blogs definitely give me a chuckle.

Also, there is this other lady, Jennifer, that I've been reading a lot. I feel so bad for her. She's a stay-at-home mom, I think. While she seems to love her life, her child is just starting the "terrible-two's" and she's having the worst time with it. I want so badly to give her some advice, but who the hell am I to advise anyone about parenting, since I don't have any children. I guess I could tell her what worked for me when I was a child, but then I remember how dysfunctional my own family turned out and quickly second-guess whatever advice comes to mind. I know that I turned out ok considering all the crap I came through but again, I have no children. So instead, I pray for her.

Now, my life ... I had a really good weekend. I haven't been out clubbing in about a month. And to be quite honest, I don't feel like I'm missing anything. Instead, I've been finding a lot of fun outdoor activities to attend during the day. Living in one of the busiest cities in the country has it's perks. There is always something fun to do, always some festival going on close by, or some show to see, or some sporting event to catch. And with the Astros and Texans doing so well, there's more excitement and pride in the city than you could imagine. My social calendar is always jam-packed with things to do, STILL! So, Saturday we caught the Italian Festival for a couple of hours, then hurried home to catch the last half of the Astros game. Saturday night, B and I went over to a friend's housewarming party. But we had to get home early because we scheduled painters for 8 am on Sunday. Way too early for a Sunday morning, but well worth it. I love our house. I no longer feel like I'm in an insane asylum with all the white walls. The colors are so rich and the lines so sharp since we kept the white trims. I can't wait to start having friends come over to see the difference. So, while the painters were working, B and I decided to go watch the Wings Over Houston Airshow. Love, love, loved it! Great show! A lot of people don't know this about me, but I was in the military for a couple of years after high school. When I was very young, I wanted to be a pilot and still hope to get my license one of these days when I can afford to take classes ... It's not cheap. Anyway, I love that stuff. And to see the capabilities of our Airforce and the maneuvers they can accomplish in battle, really gets me hyped and full of pride. Then we get home and the Astros kick some Cardinal ass again!

What a fabulous weekend indeed. But, back to the grind, UGH!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home